Paid & organic data united
Google recently released a new exciting reporting where we can dive into the comparison of paid and organic data on the same page in AdWords. The data we are talking about is pulled into AdWords via Webmaster tools.
This will definitely save tons of time, not having to go back and forth between AdWords and Google Analytics for your organic data. Here’s a screenshot of what the report looks like in action.
Of course the report is very new, so very little data is available as of now. But I’m personally looking forward to finding those golden-nuggets from these reports to enhance my clients’ AdWords accounts even further.
Google listed the following benefits from this report:
- Better understand how paid and organic search work together
- Use the report to identify new potential keywords for your AdWords (really?!)
- Gain holistic view of how your online presence is performing in terms of attracting views & clicks
- See what converts in paid and what in organic. No… wait… what… No conversion data in this report?!
I’m sure everybody’s busy linking their AdWords and WMT accounts to get this data. Just in case you haven’t done this yet, do it now!
Here’s a quick walk-through on how to get it up and running:
- Sign-in to AdWords
- Head to ”My Account” and ”Linked Accounts”
- Click ”View details »” under Webmaster Tools
- In the ”Link new site” -box enter the URL you want to link with this AdWords account
Now you just need to head to Webmaster Tools to verify the linking request and you’re all set!
To find the report follow the simple path:
- In AdWords, head to ”Dimensions” tab
- From the ”View…” dropdown menu select ”Paid & organic”
Let us hear your thoughts on this report. Have you found something extremely useful, or have you noticed that your AdWords and/or SEO isn’t doing so great?
Our next step, let’s start pressuring Google to bring conversion data to this report as well!